Womb for Improvement: Poor Egg Protocol
Well here we are.
In short? I had some bad eggs.
So, I am once again dealing with the guilt of my body being to blame.
(I'll say, it's getting harder and harder to love my body when it keeps screwing things up.)
BUT.
Yes, dear reader, there is a but.
Poor egg quality is treatable.
"You're born with all the eggs you'll ever have. How can you improve quality?"
Welllll......
It's possible to beef up the eggs (😂😂😂😂)
My RE (reproductive endocrinologist aka fertility doctor aka baby dust queen) said that she didn't expect poor quality eggs from me.
I'm 31.
Prime egg years, apparently.
She didn't think this would be an issue for me, or else we would have started with this protocol.
Prescription:
- 600mg CoQ10 daily (6 pills)
- 25mcg DHEA 3x/daily (3 pills)
- 4mg Folate daily (4 pills)
This combo has been shown to act like super-soldier serum
when taken for at least three months.
![]() |
| Yes, I just compared my eggs to Steve Rogers. FIGHT ME. |
I've also opted to add in acupuncture (because there aren't enough needles involved with IVF).
Our RE said that 50% of studies show increased IVF success rates w/acupuncture.
The other 50% show no harm done.
It might help, but it certainly won't hurt.
She also told us she did it when was going through IVF and
recommends it for the relaxing properties alone.
So...
![]() |
| Me. |
Our goal this next time is:
Long story short?
![]() |
| IVF: The Sequel |
...to a theater near you this May!




Your resilience and grit inspires me, Heather <3 Love that you're not giving up on this dream; God willing, you WILL have your rainbow baby one day! You're doing what every teacher tells their students to do-- keep trying, it's okay if you fall down, don't give up, keep going, and eventually, you'll get there. YOU'RE LIVING YOUR TRUTH!!! I know how hard it is to lose a mama, and the fact that you're doing all this and grieving and working and taking care of your husband and boys... is something to be very proud of, and something I'm sure your mom would be very proud of you for, too. She raised you to be so STRONG <3 Dip into that strength and use it to EMPOWER you during this time! Love you!!! Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteAwwwww Mimi! Thank you so much!
DeleteYou're such an encouragement <3
Love you!